This is EPRONTO own version of this delicious Greek recipe.
INGREDIENTS (6 portions)
3 medium aubergines
1 jar EPRONTO LAMB RAGU
Parmigiano Reggiano, to taste
40 gr butter
40 gr flour
400 gr milk
5 gr salt
1 pinch nutmeg
1 oven dish cm 25 X 19 (roughly)
1)Wash and clean the aubergines cutting the top (green) and the bottom. Cut the aubergines in slices lengthwise, 5 -7 mm, spread each slice with some salt and put them in a colander for 30'. Then pat them dry with kitchen paper and fry them, a bit at a time in a pan with frying oil. No need to deep-frying them. Let the slices to dry on kitchen paper.
2) Prepare the bechamel sauce: melt 40 gr of butter in a pan, on a slow heat. Once melted, add 40g of flour and stir well to cook the flour for 3 minutes, then add the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring often at the beginning and then continuously, until thick (to make a veil on the spoon). Set it aside stirring time to time to avoid excessive thickening and lumps.
3) Switch on the oven, 180 degrees.
4) In an oven-dish put some aubergine's slices to make a first layer, spread evenly on top EPRONTO LAMB RAGU (1/3 of the jar), and a generous pinch of cinnamon. Repeat with aubergine, EPRONTO LAMB RAGU and cinnamon two more times, until you finish with aubergines.
5) In the meantime bechamel should be almost cold: add an egg to the bechamel and stir well to dissolve.
6) Pour the bechamel on top of the aubergines, covering evenly. Scatter some grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top if you like it, then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, 180 degrees, until golden.
Did you try this recipe?
Take a picture and share your creation with the EPRONTO Family, we are thrilled to see what you have been up to in the kitchen!
Connect with us on Instagram: #eprontoragu