This is EPRONTO own version of this delicious Greek recipe.
Prep Time: 1o minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Frying eggplant: 20 minutes
- Baking dish: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 6 portions
3 medium aubergines
1 jar EPRONTO LAMB RAGU
Parmigiano Reggiano, to taste
40 gr butter
40 gr flour
400 gr milk
5 gr salt
1 pinch nutmeg
1 oven dish cm 25 X 19 (roughly)
- Wash and clean the aubergines cutting the top (green) and the bottom. Cut the aubergines in slices lengthwise, 5 -7 mm, spread each slice with some salt and put them in a colander for 30'. Then pat them dry with kitchen paper and fry them, a bit at a time in a pan with frying oil. No need to deep-frying them. Let the slices to dry on kitchen paper.
- Prepare the bechamel sauce: melt 40 gr of butter in a pan, on a slow heat. Once melted, add 40g of flour and stir well to cook the flour for 3 minutes, then add the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring often at the beginning and then continuously, until thick (to make a veil on the spoon). Set it aside stirring time to time to avoid excessive thickening and lumps.
- Switch on the oven, 180 degrees.
- In an oven-dish put some aubergine's slices to make the first layer, spread evenly on top EPRONTO LAMB RAGU (1/3 of the jar), and a generous pinch of cinnamon. Repeat with aubergine, EPRONTO LAMB RAGU and cinnamon two more times, until you finish with aubergines.
- In the meantime bechamel should be almost cold: add an egg to the bechamel and stir well to dissolve.
- Pour the bechamel on top of the aubergines, covering evenly. Scatter some grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top if you like it, then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, 180 degrees, until golden.
Did you try this recipe?
Take a picture and share your creation with the EPRONTO Family, we are thrilled to see what you have been up to in the kitchen!
Connect with us on Instagram: #eprontoragu